Alex Juarez
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Doors and Appliances for Rental

Alex Juarez
  • Houston, TX
Posted Jan 13 2020, 14:26

Hey BP! 

So I am going to need to replace two doors in a rental and wasn't sure if there were better places to get them from besides Home Depot or Lowes? 

I need to replace one interior door and one exterior (back door). I did research and found the steel is the budget friendly door, but comparing prices between steel and fiber glass on Home Depot, fiber glass doesn't seem that much more expensive. If I'm understanding it correctly, fiberglass doors are better than steel, but I don't know why? Is that true, and could someone explain why? The difference in costs for the door I'm considering is about $40, so I'm thinking about just going the fiberglass route for the exterior since it's supposed to be better. 

As for the interior, does it really matter what kind of door I get as long as it looks nice? 

If there's a brand or type of door yall could recommend I would really appreciate it. 

Also, for the appliances, do yall know of a better place to shop for them than Home Depot or Lowes? I was thinking about just looking through craigslist to see what I could find for cheap. I really just need a washer, dryer and microwave. Has anyone gone the craigslist route? 

Thanks!

Alex

Loading replies...