Alex Juarez
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Bathtub Refinishing in Katy?

Alex Juarez
  • Houston, TX
Posted Jan 20 2020, 13:28

Hey BP!

So I'm currently doing some work on a house and I've been going back and forth with this idea of refinishing vs retiling for a sfh rental. It's in the Katy area if that matters, but I'm trying to decide on what option to go with. 

The hallway bathroom has some tile that would need to be repaired and it has a cast iron tub that has a few chips in it. The tub has a small leak, but I believe the leak is from the metal drain that has deteriorated and there's a piece of it missing that forms the seal. I'm going to replace that tonight to confirm that's where the leak is from. The question is whether I should refinish or re-tile. I'm leaning towards the refinishing and from what I understand it sounds like this is something that shouldn't be a DIY task. I researched a few companies here in Houston, but was wondering if someone could recommend one? I found one called Bathtub Refinishing Pros. I called yesterday, but received a text today from a different number saying they were with a different company (Fantastic Restorations), apologizing for missing my call yesterday. This made me a little hesitant to even call them back. 

If anyone could recommend a company for this, I would greatly appreciate it. 

I'm also attaching pictures here of what it currently looks like. The major reason I don't want to re-tile this (besides the cost and labor) is because this is the hallway bathroom, and I feel like if I made upgrades to this bathroom then I would have to update the master bathroom (which is fine). 

Side note, I'm also considering refinishing the vanity top cause the sink bowl has some scratches in it. Do yall think its worth it or is that something I should just replace or not even bother with? 

Thanks!

Alex 

Loading replies...