Skip to content
Utah Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes

Cedar City, UT Looking For a Start

Robert Dickinson
Posted Sep 27 2018, 08:50

Hello every one,

As my title states, I'm looking to get a start in the market. I have a friend/business partner with the same ideals as me, and we wish to take it further. 

I have posted in other forums, and have been redirected here. We are looking to flip, gain rentals, do rehab work. I understand it takes quite a bit to get started in this market, and we wish to play it extremely safe in order to mitigate any large losses up front. In order to do so I think our best bet would be to network with current real estate investors, and offer our services to them and try to learn the trade. 

We have the technical know-how, and experience to renovate and repair. My friend is currently a plumber and has the ability to do anything from create custom cabinets to building a deck from scratch, and everything in between. As for myself, I am currently an engineer, with a little less experience in home repair, but have done my fair share. My wife and I's first home was a short sell that we had to just about gut and rehab. 

Would anyone be able to point us in the right direction on where to look in order find investors with the cash that would be willing to guide us, and are in need of such services? 

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you. 

Loading replies...