Skip to content
Washington Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Jake DeAtley
  • Realtor
  • Olympia, WA
Votes |
Structural Engineer Says I should Completely Replace. Thoughts??

Jake DeAtley
  • Realtor
  • Olympia, WA
Posted Sep 22 2018, 10:41

Hello Fellow BP'ers,

I currently have a 9 unit property under contract. One of the units is a 40' x 60' shop with a studio. Upon inspection, we discovered that the trusses were not plum. I talked to a structural engineer and he recommended removal of the roof and sheathing, correct or replace the trusses, and re-roof. A framer friend of mine stated that he thought the shop was built this way and this is not due to a high load, and he thought I could get away with some bracing, but again, he isn't an engineer. I am having trouble finding roofing companies to bid the truss work, as this is something most roofing companies wont do. My request is two fold. Does anyone know any General Contractors in the Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater, Yelm, Tacoma area that would be able to bid this work? And two, based on the pictures provided, are there any qualified folks that would be willing to share their opinion on what they see?

Thanks All!!

Key words: Thurston County, Lewis County, Pierce County, Mason County, grays harbor county, contractor, GC, Tenino, Washington State, Seattle

Loading replies...