Skip to content
Wyoming Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Tina S.
  • Cheyenne, WY
Votes |
Replace carpet or install waterproof vinyl plank flooring?

Tina S.
  • Cheyenne, WY
Posted May 2 2018, 23:22

I will be moving out of my Saddle Ridge Twinhome at the beginning of June and renting it out. My dogs have pooped and peed on the carpet, and a cat has pooped on the carpet too. I have a carpet cleaner that I use, but even after a few weeks I can still smell the dog urine on the stair landing where my dog peed the last time. I also have an area of torn carpet that was ripped and needs to be repaired as well. 

I feel like replacing the hardwood in the kitchen and carpet everywhere else with strong, waterproof vinyl planking would be the best, but more expensive than replacing the carpet and leaving the hardwood in the kitchen/dining area. I won't have a lot of money after the move and don't know whether I should suck it up and install the vinyl now. Or do carpet now and replace it with vinyl down the road; or try a professional cleaner to see if the smell comes out? And just repair the torn part?

I was going to allow a pet dog in the rental, so didn't really want to replace the carpet. I'm sure any dog would probably pee where mine did even if I did get it cleaned, or maybe just start the pattern all over on their own!

Any advice or recommendations on who I could hire to do the flooring if I replace it?

Thanks.

Loading replies...