Eviction Process in Huntsville

9 Replies | Huntsville, Alabama

Deliver the pay or quit notice while wearing a hazmat suit.  Say absolutely nothing about the suit, even if pressed.

Offer them 200 bucks to leave in 3 days.

You shouldn't have any problems.

I just went through the eviction process and Sarah Taggart's team represented me. I highly recommend them. Took roughly 3 weeks (which typically is 5 weeks), thankfully due to the tenant's failure to properly respond to the court (because she was incarcerated). A requirement by the sheriffs dept is that you have a team of 4 personnel on site to be at the ready to move when the sheriff gives you a date/time. The sheriff also mentioned to me that i was very fortunate that it only took 3ish weeks. In the past, it used to take 4-6 months. In large part the sheriffs dept being under staffed. but now they have dedicated staff to handle all civil suits.

You have to send out a notice to quit and after 7 days you can officially file an eviction. If you file this with Mrs. Taggarts team by 1 pm, they can have it filed in court and served the same day. then the tenant has 7 calendar days to respond. If they don't respond, then the lawyer will file a default judgement. The final step is the writ of possession which is filed 7 calendar days after the default judgement is signed. This document will be sent to the sheriff dept to schedule a day/time for the removal of the tenant. 

If you initiate this process, do not accept money from the tenant, as this will end your legal right to evict.

All this information is provided in their engagement letter.

Good luck!

Originally posted by @Samuel Garrett :

I just went through the eviction process and Sarah Taggart's team represented me. I highly recommend them. Took roughly 3 weeks (which typically is 5 weeks), thankfully due to the tenant's failure to properly respond to the court (because she was incarcerated). A requirement by the sheriffs dept is that you have a team of 4 personnel on site to be at the ready to move when the sheriff gives you a date/time. The sheriff 

@Samuel Garret, that's some great info right there. Thank you for taking the time to share.