Subdividing in Vermont
My wife and I are under contract for a 2-unit home in Chittenden County, VT. The home sits on 3 acres and we plan to subdivide. I've checked with the building, water, and sewer depts. and they all have verbally confirmed that it will be possible to subdivide the lot into two 1.5-acre parcels. We plan to either sell the 1.5-acre parcel or possibly build a single-family home on that lot. I have the following questions relating to the process:
- What are some "do's" and "don't's" in residential subdivision?
- What are best practices in terms of the steps to take?
- What players should I be hiring?
- What are the general costs related to a subdivision of this nature?
- What is the general timeline from start to "ready to build on" or "ready for market"?
Thanks in advance!