Text auto responder???

9 Replies

Does anyone use a text auto responder? Like if I text a "word" to a 5 digit number it sends me info on whatever the auto responses is prompt to respond? Also if you have used a service or app, etc... how has your response been and the conversion rate to solid leads?

I used a service called Tatango a while back. Though the technology is great, I can help to feel though that people dont like to use it.  

Medium buymemphisnow stacksCurt Davis, Buy Memphis Now | [email protected] | 605‑310‑7929 | http://www.BuyMemphisNow.com | TN Agent # 00321765

Interesting thought. My way of thinking is majority of the people have their phone attached to their hip. I saw a stat that said 80% of people are no farther than 3 feet from their phone at any given time throughout the day.  Thanks for the response though.

I used Twillio in a previous position and it served me pretty well. You can also get local numbers in addition to those 5 digit ones. Not sure which is best for you but might want to check them out. 

Thank you I will look into that as well.

@Tanner Trokey

I just found some brand new signs sold only at Lowe's called TEXT for INFO. For the cost of the sign ($12.98) you set up a listing and get a unique code that renters can text to. It sends them a link to a web listing that is created when you register and then they can contact you by email or phone to set up an appt. You can also publish the listing to rent.com, Zillow, etc. for free! Here is the link to the sign from Lowe's and the website you use to register.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_670401-37672-843231___?Ntt=670401&UserSearch=670401&productId=50380118

https://www.registersigns.com/

I am excited to try it as I have a turnover coming up soon. I just registered and created the listing. I am interested to see who else may have started using these yet and any experiences.

@Tanner Trokey and @Beth L. I know this is an old thread from two years ago, but I am interested to hear what your experiences have been with auto text for info systems. Are you still using a system like this? Which one and how is it working for you?

Hi @Joe Splitrock ! Yes I am still using Register Signs. It is actually free to use; you don't need to buy a sign, so you can try it out. You can just write the info on a regular For Rent sign or it lets you print a free one, which I assume you can put in the window or something. I used to print and put out flyers in a box at the For Rent sign. I don't do that anymore. They can text to a certain code, get a link directly to the listing with all the pictures and everything. I am sure that it works fine for those that have smartphones and are tech savvy.

But for those that aren't, I also list a phone number on the sign. This is a Google Voice number that I have tied to my cell number. But I leave it set at Do Not Disturb at all times. The VM message is a description of the property for rent and then they can leave their info if they are interested. It really saves me from answering so many calls on my personal cell number, and saying the same things over and over.

Between these two, any responses I get have mostly been weeded out to the ones that are truly interested.

In addition to the sign and Google Voice number, I also list it on CraigsList, and Register Sign will also let me list it for free to all the listing sites like Zillow, Trulia, Hotpads, etc.

Originally posted by @Beth L. :

Hi @Joe Splitrock! Yes I am still using Register Signs. It is actually free to use; you don't need to buy a sign, so you can try it out. You can just write the info on a regular For Rent sign or it lets you print a free one, which I assume you can put in the window or something. I used to print and put out flyers in a box at the For Rent sign. I don't do that anymore. They can text to a certain code, get a link directly to the listing with all the pictures and everything. I am sure that it works fine for those that have smartphones and are tech savvy.

But for those that aren't, I also list a phone number on the sign. This is a Google Voice number that I have tied to my cell number. But I leave it set at Do Not Disturb at all times. The VM message is a description of the property for rent and then they can leave their info if they are interested. It really saves me from answering so many calls on my personal cell number, and saying the same things over and over.

Between these two, any responses I get have mostly been weeded out to the ones that are truly interested.

In addition to the sign and Google Voice number, I also list it on CraigsList, and Register Sign will also let me list it for free to all the listing sites like Zillow, Trulia, Hotpads, etc.

Very cool. We have been using Google voice with message like you mention and that has been great. I am always looking for ways to cut our time down. We switched to Cozy for rent payment and have tried their online applications / credit checks. The application part needs a little improvement, but as it improves I can see us using it more. Do you have any other good technology tips? 

@Joe Splitrock I use Cozy, too! I only have used it for receiving rent/security deposits and utility payments. It has been great so far! Haven't tried their background check services yet. I'll have to look into that. I have been using tenantbackgroundsearch.com.

I use MileIQ to keep track of mileage for business use. It is an app that runs on your phone in the background. It is great, as you can set it and forget it. You can categorize your miles and it will give you a report at the end of the year. You can even set certain destinations to automatically categorize for you. It is best to spend some time each week, categorizing everything, so it makes tax time much easier!