Websites role in finding REI opportunities.

3 Replies

I've setup a working relationship with an real estate agent who has helped my REI partner find his first property. However, the local real estate agencies offer access to MLS postings via their website. I'm still super new to all of the REI. I'm just curious if anyone has used websites to research leads or anything along those lines? Or if you've used something similar that has lead to success?

Welcome to BP Jacob! You have come to the right place to learn and connect with other great people. The answer is...YES. There are many, and any can lead you to a deal. You might want to check what is popularly used in your location of investing. MLS is popular with all agents nationwide. That is only the tip of the iceberg...even Craiglist can lead you to a deal or a FSBO. For out of state investing...I heavily use websites for researching and finding deals. Which ones are better? It depends on the area. MLS for agents is usually a compilation of website info. However...in smaller markets sometimes agents don't even use the MLS due to fees. Happy researching and good luck!

All the best,

Lauren

@Jacob Plocinski when you say "to research leads," what are you referring to? Do you mean searching for available properties (MLS or FSBO), comping (finding the value) properties you are interested or getting leads for sellers who MAY be interested in selling?

Originally posted by @Joe DiGirolamo :

@Jacob P. when you say "to research leads," what are you referring to? Do you mean searching for available properties (MLS or FSBO), comping (finding the value) properties you are interested or getting leads for sellers who MAY be interested in selling?

I think in theory it would be to find available properties. It seemed like a good resource to find some sort of use. But thanks for asking the additional questions because now it's really making me think.