• Realtor
  • Hialeah, FL
Votes |
House hacking duplex question

Matthew Rodriguez
  • Realtor
  • Hialeah, FL
Posted Jan 3 2018, 08:53
Hello all, I am a 24 year old realtor with a few deals under my belt and assistant property manager making just $14/hr full time and just getting started in the world of real estate. I’m currently reading Scott Trench’s book “Set for life” and has a lot of great ideas for living frugally and putting yourself in a strategic financial position. the book talks a lot about buying a duplex and house hacking. I live in Miami, FL.. there are simply no duplexes under $250k in any decent area that you won’t go outside and get shot instantly in. So how do you get around this and begin a house hack without having to move cities as my whole life is here. I have thought about buying a SFR and renting out the rooms.. that could be an option, but then living with strangers or even acquaintances can be a bit hairy. Any advice with how I should get stared and move out of my parents house? I do have some money in savings, perhaps not enough to go through a full closing on a property.. but since I do not pay rent I can save up a large sum pretty quickly. I typically save between $800-$1,200 per month. Any advice or criticism is much appreciated!

Loading replies...