• Rental Property Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
Idea for short term rental home in AZ

Brandon Wulff
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Posted Jan 24 2020, 13:21

My name is Brandon and I play baseball professionally with the Dodgers organization. I’ve been mulling this over the past couple of months and have finally nailed down my business plan for a property.

Every year, minor and major league players, and staff are put into hotels for months on end. However, we have the option to find our own housing, and we receive a stipend to help pay for that housing, typically around $1400/month.

The problem that we usually run into is housing on Airbnb is too expensive, or not available, or too far away.

Another problem we have is we could be sent to a different city at any moments notice, which makes signing a lease impossible.

What I want to do is purchase a home near the facilities and rent out rooms on a pro rated monthly basis to my teammates/colleagues.

Rent money will never be a problem because of the housing stipend we receive and finding tenants will never be a problem as anyone who is staying in the hotel would rather be in a house and keeping some of their stipend.

There are potential renters from February through October (spring training through instructional league). November has renters for the Arizona Fall League, December is off, and January people start filtering back in.

With the exception of a few weeks here and there, there are always potential renters.

In those few weeks, I’d like to rent out the property short term on Airbnb or vrbo as the property I’m looking at is walking distance to the Cardinals Football Stadium.

The property needs as many bedrooms as possible to put more players into the house, and the one I’ve found is 4 bedrooms.

Need help polishing up this idea. Would love feedback.

Thanks!

Brandon

A little more about me, I just bought my first deal, a house hack in Las Vegas, where my tenants rent covers all of my payment and utilities, and then some.

Loading replies...