• Developer
  • Boise ID
Votes |
Find off market properties (commercial)

Jonathan Orr
  • Developer
  • Boise ID
Posted Feb 27 2020, 11:50

Was having a discussion with a gentlemen the other day and we got on the topic of “finding off market deals”. Of course everyone and their mother has their own way and I don’t think there is a wrong way. However, it got me thinking about the lack of teaching or education there is out there about how to truly find deals. I am in the development sector so I focus on finding land (mostly held by companies rather than individuals). I wanted to post on here and see, has anyone has had a course or a worth while book on how to find off market deals? Since I’m not an agent or broker, how do they source deals to list on the open market?

I realize every investor/mentor selling their program has a tid bit in their “course” about how they do it. However, from the ones I have personally seen they usually just say “talk to people” which I think is the most obvious thing in the world to hear. It doesn’t actually teach you how to do it or what to say, besides “I would like to buy your property”.

Maybe I’m over thinking this concept because I usually just go in public records and reach out to companies or the occasional individual and introduce myself and flat out ask.

I just wanted to throw it out there.... have you been taught to do something that they find success in, or read a book or taken a class?

If you can find in your heart to give away your “secret” would love to get others viewpoints or tips.

Loading replies...