• Rental Property Investor
  • CT
Votes |
Starting an LLC after two properties

Jake Belden
  • Rental Property Investor
  • CT
Posted Apr 21 2020, 12:31

In the past year, I have purchased two properties in the state of Connecticut, but am yet to form an LLC, which I would like to do ASAP obviously for a number of reasons. I have put 25% down on both properties with a credit score on 820 and solid income so no issues there. I will list a series of questions that I would love a long time professional or expert in the field to answer and help someone out that is looking to continue to grow the business in the coming years:

Is it difficult to transfer the two purchased properties over to an LLC? Will I need to refinance and find a new lender most likely, or is it just a simple transfer hopefully?

Should I use an attorney for the LLC or just do it online? I always see cheap pricing online to form one but can I trust that?

Is there anything specific I need to do prior to forming the LLC to make sure I can tax the company completely separate from my actual, personal tax form each year? (I know it is possible, just not sure on specifics)

Is insurance more expensive when under an LLC instead of under my personal name generally?

Will the interest rates go up due to it being changed to an LLC?

Will financing be more difficult in the future under the LLC?

Any other tips are much appreciated but those are the questions that have been running through my head a lot.

Loading replies...