Investment strategies for quitting rat race

6 Replies

I’m Jaren Smith, a 27 yr old father of 2. I work full time but I have a strong desire to get out of the rat race and develop financial stability and time for my family. I’m looking for direction into where or what I should invest in to start increasing my cash flow so that I can quit my job as a Restaurant Manager.

I already have ideas of what I would run my LLC as and am studying strategies of getting into wholesale real estate. I want to make the best of my time, while I am still working full time, to develop skills and learn financial literacy. I understand it may be difficult in the beginning with the dynamic of my situation, but I am willing and my family is supportive of how this can change our lives.

Originally posted by @Jaren Smith :

I’m Jaren Smith, a 27 yr old father of 2. I work full time but I have a strong desire to get out of the rat race and develop financial stability and time for my family. I’m looking for direction into where or what I should invest in to start increasing my cash flow so that I can quit my job as a Restaurant Manager.

I already have ideas of what I would run my LLC as and am studying strategies of getting into wholesale real estate. I want to make the best of my time, while I am still working full time, to develop skills and learn financial literacy. I understand it may be difficult in the beginning with the dynamic of my situation, but I am willing and my family is supportive of how this can change our lives.

What is your question?

did I miss it?

@Jaren Smith research Vacation Rentals. It’s an active biz but can be very lucrative if you learn to self manage like most of us on BP. A few well performing VRs can change your financial trajectory quickly. You do need capital to buy though. Good luck!

There’s alots of invest strategies. Not too many of them are on the fast lane. For starters it would help if you started reading real estate books, post etc. There’s no real fast over night path. Not wanting to work a real job is not a real plan for financial freedom. :-)

I have met people that wanted to quit with their business or job to flip houses and they lived in a rental house, had trashed credit, and didn’t know the first thing about writing a contract. Not trying to rain on nobodies parade, but you can get out of the rat race, but will probably take you more than three months. 

Originally posted by @Jaren Smith :

Hi @Michael Plante I’m asking for investment direction. What steps should I be taking while working my full time job and also having the responsibilities of parenting?

Set your specific 5 year, 1 year , 6 month, 1 month and 1 day goals 

Based upon the above we can help with what you need to do now 

Speak with a lender and see what sort of loan you qualify for now 

Save the heck out of your money