Networking with local investors, RE brokers and PMs

11 Replies | Little Rock, Arkansas

Hi folks

I'm looking to learn more about Little Rock and investment opportunities in the area - would love to connect with local investors, RE agents and property managers to get a pulse on the market. 

I've been investing mostly in CA markets, but recently branched out to OH and FL. Actively looking at AR at this point as well. 

Your help is greatly appreciated! 

@Hadar Orkibi - as mentioned, really looking to network and build relationships with local pros. Would love to find a strong property manager and a broker with experience in MFRs (in particular) and a broker dealing with out-of-state investors

appreciate your help!

@Avtandil G. all brokers work with out of state investors, hoping that they will to pay more then what locals willing to pay. ;-) 

joking aside, i can connect you with property management company, and attending the local REIA meeting would be beneficial. perhaps time your next visit to the market to attend local REIA meeting.

Are you seeking to buy Turn Key ? what size multifamily are you after?

Please feel free to PM me.

Originally posted by @Avtandil G. :

Hi folks

I'm looking to learn more about Little Rock and investment opportunities in the area - would love to connect with local investors, RE agents and property managers to get a pulse on the market. 

I've been investing mostly in CA markets, but recently branched out to OH and FL. Actively looking at AR at this point as well. 

Your help is greatly appreciated! 

Not sure which market in Ohio that you're looking into but in case it's Cleveland you'll want to give The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods a read. Tons of info in there for you while you're doing research.

@Hadar Orkibi - buying criteria will vary depending on the property class. for stable A / B anything over 8% cap. for value-add, really depends on what the deal looks like - can do much lower cap if there's a significant upside. generally would look at smaller MFRs as well, but those are harder to add value to

MLS for LR as well as LoopNet don't seem to have much pickings, I wonder why? I'm planning to ping a few commercial brokers from LoopNet, but there does not seem to be many choices for duplexes - fourplexes either. very strange

@James Wise - thanks for the pointer to Cleveland guide - very interesting. Although, this is Little Rock, AR forum, so not sure how much we should be hijacking the thread and discussing Cleveland OH ;)

PM me - would love to connect. I have property in Columbus and trying to expand there. Don't know much about Cleveland, but always eager to learn

Originally posted by @Avtandil G. :

@James Wise - thanks for the pointer to Cleveland guide - very interesting. Although, this is Little Rock, AR forum, so not sure how much we should be hijacking the thread and discussing Cleveland OH ;)

PM me - would love to connect. I have property in Columbus and trying to expand there. Don't know much about Cleveland, but always eager to learn

Wurd

@Avtandil G. A/B at 8 cap is not realistic in today's Market. 

You maybe able to buy B-C type at lower Cap and reposition to 8+.

In general, I Disagree with your comment that smaller MFR are harder to add value too. it all depend, on how much you pay for the property if you buy well you have room to add value. if you over pay then you don't.

I do agree that larger MFR have more opportunities to add value by manipulating the income streams (adding services, charging fees on larger scale) and reducing / managing expenses.

There just not so many listing in Central AR, its a smaller market. mots stock that is listed on LoopNet is already shopped to the local investors. waiting for California to pay more!

Good Luck.