• Contractor
  • Chattanooga, TN
Votes |
ADU- LA County incorporated

Account Closed
  • Contractor
  • Chattanooga, TN
Posted Oct 29 2019, 09:15

Hello friends, anyone run into this scenario. Just purchased a SFR in La Verne, CA. I have a legally built and permitted detached garage in LA County which meets all specs for ADU per zoning, fire, setbacks etc.

The header carrying the A frame for the garage was built sticks over cinderblock and is structurally sound. This wall essentially creates a demising wall for the second half of the garage where there is a kitchenette, gas, water heater, shower, and toilet installed however, no interior framing was ever done and it just looks like a dilapidated apartment. As far as county is concerned, it is a garage and my plan is to rip out the tile and kitchenette and make it as much as original as possible. This ADU is an existing space conversion and won't fall under title 22 per the current ADU standards. Im thinking of doing my demo now to bring as much back to an existing garage to avoid questions about the illegal dwelling area that was once used here.

Just curious if anyone had any similar experiences or advice willing to share. Thank you!

Loading replies...