Visiting San Diego next week, interested in looking at properties

6 Replies

Hello BP San Diego,

I'm an aspiring investor, primarily interested in finding a multi-family property to house hack. I've been looking at listings for the past few months and know that multi-families aren't easy to find on the cheap. I'd be interested in seeing what's available on the market within a ~$900k budget. 

I will be visiting from June 25-29 and plan to use that time to become more familiar with different neighborhoods, and hopefully look at multi-family properties. I'll be staying in North Park, but I am open to looking at properties in areas further out (like Escondido, Vista).

Can anyone recommend any investor-friendly Brokers, or any meetups going on next week?

Thanks in advance!

@David Antunes

I have never used him (@Kevin Fox ), but we agree philosophically and he used to be active on BP.  He has sent me listings with some potential, but none that I decided to pursue. 

He understands what is necessary for an RE to be a good candidate for an investor (value adds and hidden values). 

Good luck

Originally posted by @Dan Heuschele :

@David Antunes

I have never used him (@Kevin Fox), but we agree philosophically and he used to be active on BP.  He has sent me listings with some potential, but none that I decided to pursue. 

He understands what is necessary for an RE to be a good candidate for an investor (value adds and hidden values). 

Good luck

Thanks for the recommendation Dan!

I would be more than happy to show you some properties while you’re in town. Feel free to reach out and we can connect. 

Hey David,

I can help show you investment properties while you’re in San Diego. I connected with you, feel free to shoot me a message when you get a chance and we can set up a call. 

What's up David,

I can also be available for a conversation or some showings. Born and raised here. As an investor myself I look for deals and value adds in all areas of San Diego. San Diego is a tough market for this in that price range. This has driven me to locate other emerging markets but it's all about what you are comfortable with. I was in land development before and still dabble on those type of projects too(have some land in escrow right now). Our little team own and manage about 100 units too. Let me know if you want to chat. 

Michael Fox

(#01830921)

Hey David, 

I live in north park and its a great area. I've been following the local real estate and it's a tough market. A lot of the properties don't cash flow outright unless you put down a significant amount up front. Rentals in this market are strong and you can command higher rents for more "hipster" or "trendy" neighborhoods compared to Vista/Escondido/La Mesa/Santee. 

Another thing to watch out for is AirBnB laws are very dynamic in San Diego at this time. I house hack with AirBnb and a couple of my friends own Airbnb properties and are closely watching the news and the politics regarding airbnb. But with that being said, Airbnb can bring in 50-100% more rent. 

As for meet ups going on, I don't know of any. I am trying to discover and find those myself. 

Hi @David Antunes ,

I'm an investor and an active agent. Feel free to review my profile to get an idea of what I'm about and contact me if you'd like to discuss your goals and objectives further.

Yours in Service,

Lanny

DRE #02073062

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here