• Wholesaler
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Where to Begin- Sound Ethical Advice

Nathaniel Godfrey
  • Wholesaler
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Aug 11 2014, 09:39

I am in need of some sound and ethical advice.

I have a wealth of knowledge from various guru’s from as far back as 2007, although they all appear to be missing information. I did what the old guru’s suggested and purchased a house, although I brought house on the down end of the market and there is no equity in my home. I currently possess a 710 credit score and my FICO score ranges in the upper 700’s. I am trying to build investment funds, while looking for alternative ways to build investment funds to become a buy and hold investor. Due to my current job, I have the time to invest but I’m searching for which way to proceed. I know the old traditional ways are harder than they were before, but I’m trying to use the unconventional methods to building investment funds; for what I am trying to do. I’ve looked into tax sales through two different guru’s. Additionally, I’ve looked into the over-bidding process to find owners. I’ve ran into a lot of non-friendly investors/realtors to find cash buyers under the wholesale sector.

I know it looks like I am all over the place. For years, I’ve been dabbing- gaining knowledge and information, but now I’m looking to become a serious player.

Also, can anyone in the Chicagoland area tell me what the true laws are in regards to hanging bandit signs.

I have already attended a few REI's. With those, if you don't have the money then they don't want to work with you, and consider you in the rim of being a "tire-kicker". Or they try to recommend a program that, if you read the information or sit through their program, it shows that it is for already established investors.

So my question is without getting into any legal trouble: Where should I start building invest funds or is there a grant available that could assist me in obtaining my first income property?

Loading replies...