Skip to content
Investor Mindset

User Stats

Votes
Jennifer Lee
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Gibsonia, PA
Votes |
what was the CATALYST for first deal? or if new what are you waiting for?

Jennifer Lee
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Gibsonia, PA
Posted Feb 26 2015, 04:22

hi BP

I had an interesting conversation yesterday.

A lady called me from my zillow agent page. She apparently researched me bef calling.

She was inquiring on a property that I had recently sold, she was interested in investing but had cold feet.

When she found out I bought and what im doing with it, she told that she wants to do REI and been reading and watching. And has lost a ton of opportunities.

Her reasoning, is she is new... And the agents she was working for  with for YEARS were typical retail agents. Lost patience or didn't know how to find her the spread she needed. Or price point to low to bother... I hear it all the time!

"Now that I found you, I feels I have the confidence to start"... 

I said why? 

" you are experienced!"

Lol.... I understand though, she is divorcee, no child support, and I speak her native language.

Good thing is unlike my other newbie she already has all her ducks in a row. just need to start and the networking!!

--------

This triggered a though in my head!

What started my journey!??

I always wanted to do this, but when my mom was still alive, there are a lot resistance. I was 24yrs

I think my mom, who is an investor of all sorts of things herself, knew too much of the business, and had a fear.  She was also a control "freak" perfectionist, I would be doing it in the US and she in Asia ;p

When my mom, the support of our family, passed....... we all had to reassess our life.

and this is the path I chose. my family, "dad" was very supportive! and was a wealth of info. And my mom was a true teacher.. I had no idea how much I learnt by osmosis!

Loading replies...