Favorite quotes?

20 Replies

I really enjoy good quotes to inspire me. Its like a shot of motivation in 10 seconds of reading. Ill share one of my favorites. What are yours? 

The following is a quote I reflect on often when using other peoples money. It helps remind my self of the responsibility I have to my investors. 

"In the end, the time we spent on this planet equals life. Most people would agree that a human life is sacred and carries a higher value than almost anything else on earth. Since every day working we trade our time- our very lives- for money or capital, I conclude that capital equals life. If that is the case, then capital, like life, should be treated as such." 

Jered,

I also enjoy inspiring quotes.  A couple of my favorites are:

"Fortune favors the bold" - Virgil

"Opportunity is a haughty goddess who wastes no time with those who are unprepared" - From George Clason's book The Richest Man in Babylon

Thank you for sharing your favorite.

"Successful people march toward the blazing guns."  Ben Leybovich podcast 14 bigger pockets 

I used to listen to some guys radio program about investing in real estate. At the end of each show he would end with:

"When in doubt, buy real estate. You'll be glad you did".

"success is  when opportunity and preparedness collide" Think it was Zig Ziegler but not sure

"The deal of the decade comes along once a week." - Dolf de Roos

" a man convinced against his will Is of the same opinion still " yea dont remember who said that either. and all 10 commandments are great... and we all know who said them!

"People are stupid"- a friend's father

Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding, for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold. 

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is constantly fearing that you will make one"

One of them was by Theodore Roosevelt(sp) :

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat"

"Take in laundry before partners".  Not exactly inspirational but it has kept me from making some serious mistakes in buying.

"Never take life too seriously, noone gets out alive."

"Whether you think you CAN or if you think you CAN'T...you're right!"

Kudos,

Mary 

"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift that's why they call it present."

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch

"This is your world. Shape it or someone else will." - Gary Lew

"Do with passion or not at all." - Rosa Carey

Originally posted by @Chris K. :

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is constantly fearing that you will make one"

Chris - I like your tag line too "Sweat equity is the best capital." Unbelievably true, especially for newer investors who think they have nothing to invest; time, sweat, blood & tears.  

Something like "Get busy building your dream or somebody else will hire you to hire theirs."  - unknown 

"Satisfaction is Failure"  Just something I've been telling myself for years

"Commit first, figure it out later" - Grant Cardone 

"A truly great man is known by three signs. Generosity in the design, humanity in the execution, and moderation in the success."

-Otto von Bismark

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."

-Winston Churchill

"Never half-*** 2 things. Whole *** 1 thing."

- Ron Swanson (Nick Offerman)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you