Health Insurance

9 Replies

I quit my w2 last week. I spoke with my insurance e provider and with me moving out of state I qualify for enrollment. Where do you guys have insurance through? UHC wanted near 300 a month. 

@Ryan Dossey   I have the same question now.  Would you share what you learned?  Thanks  

Sorry guys I must have missed this somehow. I ended up going through Liberty Health Share. I'm paying 149 a month. Make sure you read the reviews and can follow their "life style" commitments. They're a Christian organization that puts an emphasis on responsibility. So wrecking a car while wasted.. You're not covered. Injured while robbing a bank... Not covered. You get the idea. 

I read the reviews. I weighed the pros/cons and decided it was a good fit! 

Originally posted by @Jim Brozny :

@Ryan D.  Thanks, Ryan.  I appreciate the follow up.

Not a problem. That's what I'm here for!

@Ryan D. That's really interesting stuff! You got me looking into this because I hadn't heard of this concept before. It looks like these types of things are all religious/faith/Christian-based, right? Does anything similar exist that is not religious?

Originally posted by @Nicole W.:

@Ryan D. That's really interesting stuff! You got me looking into this because I hadn't heard of this concept before. It looks like these types of things are all religious/faith/Christian-based, right? Does anything similar exist that is not religious?

Not that I am aware of. There are two main ones they're called "health cost sharing ministries". Very interesting concept. I know someone who has personally used Liberty so I went with them. They paid their child birth related claims and hospitalization with no issues. After almost breaking my leg touring a property I decided not to risk it. 

I can justify 150 a month for peace of mind. 3-400 not so much.  

Well, I pay $1200/month (6 people) with a deductible of $13,700!!

Does this insurance qualify under ACA so that you don't have to pay the penalty?  I've heard that some people are getting health insurance still paying the fine because the health insurance isn't conforming.  

Maybe that is an internet myth, I dunno.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.