• Real Estate Investor
  • Delray Beach, FL
Votes |
Take Action

Michael Shuster
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Delray Beach, FL
Posted Jan 26 2009, 02:00

The economy is awful, job losses are at historic levels, and there is a huge opportunity to make money from this mess.

Albert Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

The truth is that knowing more information is helpful, but NOT sufficient.
The lie is that knowing more is sufficient to succeed.

The truth is that the people who succeed in real estate investing are not necessarily the smartest or the most knowledgeable.

The people that succeed are those who go out and 'do' something. The ones that go out and DO all the things that have to be done (and have been proven by other successful investors) to succeed.

You’ve heard it before – they take ACTION!

Fear is the most powerful emotion and it controls every single one of us. But you must consider the facts.
You can always get advice (free or paid) from experts who have the answers that you don’t have, when it comes to analyzing or acquiring an investment property. But you can’t go out and get ACTION. You must do that yourself.

You can’t steal second base, while keeping your foot on first base!

Lately I have been emailing my database of buyers, with phenomenal investment opportunities. They offer more ROI and less risk than anywhere else in the country at the moment. I take away the work of finding the deals, and I analyze the deal for them. I'm more than happy to answer any and all questions they may have.
These deals are also affordable by most people. Yet, they (investors) inevitably seem to take forever to make a decision.

When I offer a property to my private database, of course I remind them what a good deal it is.
Those who know me by now, would agree that I don't just hype every possible property that becomes available, by using fancy marketing words - I leave that to the scam artists.

There is an abundance of properties and deals out there right now, but I ONLY pick the very best deals of the crop.
After all - who wants to take chances and risks on volume deals, when there are specific deals available that have less risk and more upside (R.O.I.) than we'll ever see again in our lifetime.

Because real estate investing is a business, and because professional investors analyze deals based on numbers and facts ... not emotions .... if the deal really is a good deal …. then it stands to reason that it will get snapped up very quickly.
I understand investors struggling with the emotions and fears of taking the first step … and I respect their feelings. I was there myself when I started. But what I said in the previous line is undeniably true - you are not buying a home to live in. You are buying an investment - and investing is a business, so all that matters are numbers and facts.

Here is how my deals pan out (lately) when I offer them to my personal database of investors. Those who immediately analyze the numbers and spend a short period of time doing their due diligence, snap up the properties within hours to days of me notifying them. That is not because I’m a good salesman or I offer a lot of fluff. It is simply because the numbers and facts speak for themselves.

NOTE: I'm not 'selling' these properties myself (they are not mine). I am putting the investor in touch with the seller, so I have nothing to gain from lying or deceiving.

When the deal is a GOOD deal, someone will grab it quickly. Then there are the those people (and I hope you benefit from this email) who worry about everything that could possibly go wrong and take their time wondering what they don’t know.

First of all, nobody knows everything. Information is always available. You don’t know everything about accounting, but you hire an accountant. You don’t know everything about the law, but you use a lawyer when you need one. But the old saying is true – you snooze, you lose!

For that matter, consider the following - if any deal was still available after 4 weeks of me telling you about it, (or many weeks after you found it somewhere online) and after many weeks of you over-analyzing, then there probably would be something wrong with that deal (otherwise a savvy investor would have grabbed it much sooner) - right?

I'm not suggesting that you just act quickly out of fear of losing a deal, and risk making mistakes. But when deals come up, they usually only last days ... if that long (if it is truly a good deal). And by a good deal I mean highly profitable, and low risk. So if you want to get into this business and make a lot of money, but you feel that you can never get all of the pieces to fit together for you, before someone else snags the deal, then you should make sure your buying criteria, your expectations, your pre-approval for financing, your comfort level, and all of your concerns are addressed beforehand. That way you'll know when a deal comes up if it's right for you or not, and the only thing you’ll have to do is run the numbers to see if it works or not.

If you want more information on getting yourself prepared to make that investment or identify your comfort zone and what you are looking for, just let me know – I’m happy to help!