Time Management

4 Replies

I find that time management is my biggest problem.

What do you all do to better control your time.

Thanks
-Terry

Terry, I too find time difficult to manage. Especially since I work a 9 to 6 job 5 (sometimes 6) days a week. It is often difficult to find enough time in the day to accomplish everything I want in Investing. I try to set goals for myself on a daily basis. I think that this makes it easier to get things done. If you set monthly goals, and time management is dificult for you, then you will likely get to the end of the month and not have accomplished much. Set small daily goals, and try to focus on the things that make you money. Maybe you need to find more buyers, or look for prospect properties, or research a market, etc. If you take one goal, and break it down into pieces, it is much more manageable.

Outsource. If you can afford it, anyway. If you have a full time job, like most people do, outsource what you can. If you are sending direct marketing, hire one of those online companies that you upload the list to and they will print and send the mail. Have leads call a callcenter instead of you directly, or find a partner that can take on some work for a cut of the deal, etc.

Start by waking up 1 hour earlier every morning. Take this time to think, plan and study.

Even if you have a job, you could easily squeeze 2 hours into this productive time slot, say from 5 AM to 7 AM.

Also, plan out everything you need to accomplish the night before. Keep a pen and pad next to your bed.

You never know when that next great idea will come calling.

I agree with all the feedback that has been given, especially the advice to oursource. We have found great and affordable help in the Phillipines using Craigslist. It's very simple to set up a VA for the daily tasks that don't qualify as being your "Highest and Best Use."

I remember Jim Rohn talking about how failing businesses have 24 hours in a day just like successful businesses. The difference, I believe, is in systems and the ability to evaluate and act upon highest and best use of time.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here