• Investor
  • Rochester, NY
Votes |
Book Recommendations to Re-Light the Fire

Jason V.
  • Investor
  • Rochester, NY
Posted Dec 28 2017, 10:44

Hey All! It's been a while since I've posted here, but I thought this would be a good place to come for some input. 

I've been a member for coming up on two years, and have been investing in real estate for a while longer than that, always part-time. When the market was 'bad' my wife and I were fairly aggressive, and we might be what a lot of newer folks consider 'successful' with our real estate investing. 

On top of our full-time jobs (my wife is an RN, and I'm an Automation Engineer) we own a small business that makes specialty service tools for a couple of specific industries. It's a small market, but lucrative, and there's a ton of room for growth in a couple of different areas. 

Most importantly, we have three children, and are in the final steps of adopting our 4th. 

None of these things are terribly new, and for years we've managed it all well - as well as any 'normal' people manage their 'normal' lives anyway. But for the last 3-4 months, I just can't seem to find my drive. I have all the opportunities in the world, but just can't seem to find the motivation to even try to capitalize on them, other than going through the motions. 

So I'm looking for some suggestions of great books to read that have helped you out of a similar slump. I've tried to get back to reading the business books that I have, but I can't even seem to focus on those the way I used to. It's just so much easier to pick up a fiction novel, or (horror of horrors) watch something on YouTube or Netflix. I've got a shelf full of business/motivational books, quite a few of them unread, but I really need something different to shake things up I think. 

I'm not even sure what I'm looking for specifically - I just need to bust out of this slump. 

Thanks all!

Loading replies...