News for Real Estate Markets

2 Replies

I’m wondering if there’s a preferred source of news for real estate markets and if anyone recommends reading publications like The Economist, ect. I understand the blatant answer is yes, reading something like the Economist is helpful/a good idea. But compared to how else you could be spending your time, is it? I’ve heard of Inman but I’m wondering about anything else. Thanks.

I try to read a bit of everything, I flip through the news the way most people look at Facebook. I read the Denver Business Journal because I am in Denver and I use FlipBook on my phone to keep informed on global issues. I also monitor Colorado.gov for state issues and every Realtor associations. Plus then I contact my preferred banker, lender, and CPA periodically just to get their opinions.

@Glenn Gayet this is a great question, I often find myself asking the same question internally. I think there are a bunch of "good" publications that can offer a variety of facts and data driven thoughts / forecasts. If you are looking for more precise data based on Federal Government census from state to state city to city, I have found green street advisors (greenstreetadvisors.com) to be extremely helpful. It depends on what kind of information you are looking for and what kind of real estate you are looking to invest into, but from office to apartments, to single family green street has a wealth of information.

Hope you are able to find it as helpful as I have.

BEst,

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here