Investing - Paper Assets

1 Reply

I understand that BiggerPockets is geared toward REI. But, how many others out there also like paper assets (equities, bonds, etc.)? I personally do not try to time the market and only stick with low-cost index funds. For example - Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund (VTSAX). I am starting out in REI, but I have a hard time imagining not maxing out retirement accounts available to me (403b, Roth IRA, etc). Does anyone else struggle with this?

@Aaron Wade

I like index funds and stocks that pay dividends. I focus on dividend kings and aristocrats along with a couple REITs. 

I take the free money my company offers for my 401K but with were I’m at I want to have my cash now. Depending on where you are with retirement you may want to max out your retirement accounts. 

Nothing wrong with diversifying your investments!

- Mike

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you