• Investor
  • Yukon, OK
Votes |
Analyzing differing & conflicting real estate philosophies

Jimmy Martz
  • Investor
  • Yukon, OK
Posted Mar 20 2019, 22:01

How many different conflicting opinions are there in real estate that cause doubt and inaction?   Here are the ones that I have had to deal with.  Feel free to add you own issues and how you dealt with them.  

1.  Get properly educated before making a foolish newbie mistake vs. analysis paralysis & "you can learn to ride a bicycle by reading a book.  Go out & do it".  

2.  "Work smarter, not harder" vs.  "work so hard, people think aliens did it"(saw a meme on linkedin recently with a pic of the Egyptian pyramids and this quote)

3.  Find highest-and-best use of time vs.  GSD (Get S... Done) Mode.  

4.  Opportunity costs of a deal vs. sitting around & not doing a deal hoping for a better one.  

I feel that these are just scratching the surface of this conversation & I have had long conversations with many people about these things but my personal philosophy is that these ideologies all are worth considering but at the end of the day, action is what will prevail.   And different dilemmas need to be addressed at different points in the business.  Here is the foundation in which I run my entire business at this point:  Work hard AND work smart; if one fails, the other will prevail.      What's your formula for success?

Loading replies...