• Rental Property Investor
  • Algonquin, IL
Votes |
Getting a tentative spouse on board

David Banker
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Algonquin, IL
Posted Jun 13 2021, 12:13

I made the mistake of bringing up the idea of real estate investing with strictly unbridled optimism. My wife has a bit more of a conservative and scarcity-based mindset with money in general. I do intend to share the full picture of potential risks and benefits in a more intentional manner, to get her on board and as I learn more. So even though I am new to this and in the learning phase, I recognize the error in my ways but I am looking for advice and the best approach to getting someone comfortable. Someone that spends zero time thinking about finances and the only exposure to real estate is The handful of people in our family and friend group that unintentionally happened into owning a condo or two, and are completely jaded by experience interacting with tenants and maintenance. I approached the notion of financial independence and/or early semi retirement, by sharing some inspirational podcasts and videos… does anyone have any recommendations for something similar with real estate? That tackles the conceptual/mindset part, but I’d also like some advice and tactically how to talk about the numbers and risks. 

Loading replies...