Rental investment in Clovis Fresno

Rental investment in Clovis Fresno

Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hello all,

I am potential investor in Clovis Fresno area, looking to buy brand new lennar home costing around $440k. I have couple of questions.

1. What is the average rent i can expect for 3bed 2bath, so far i found around $2500

2. what kind of occupation do folks have in that area?

3. would there be good amount of people making income 3 times of $2500 ?

0Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 2 votes
4y

Don't forget new lennar homes (or ANY NEW HOME) forces you to either puchase the solar outright or lease it. Purchasing it usually adds another $20K to purchase price. 

$2500 I find is on the highside for a 3/2. But it also varies on how many sq footage the house is. Rent that I've seen going for $2500 are closer or at/over 2000 sq ft. I have seen many 3/2 rent for way under $2500 and more like low $2000s when sq footage is only 1500-1600 sq ft.  and many pretty new homes

The valley is AG based. North Fresno/Clovis tend to have higher income earners and those making higher income are either in healthcare, education, gov. and most recently working remote moving from the bay area--but the latter probably purchased homes and arent renting--actually most of those in that industry I mentioned. So you have to find the sweet spot in rent to not be too high because those who can afford it just end up buying a home. But if you price too low, you probably are in the negative especially buying a BRAND NEW HOME in current real estate market in 2021 which has seen Fresno at all time high. Recent reports shows 10+% increase year over year from 2020 and ranked 26 out of 50 big cities in growth. 

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · All Over · Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    I'm no expert, but I recently closed on a property in Clovis. Newer homes are nice and there are always pros/cons to buying a brand new property. You're generally paying a premium on everything. Just my 2 cents. 


    $2500 is a bit on the high side for a 3/2 and it really depends on what part of Clovis. All that said, if it's a new home there's definitely a chance to rent it at that price point. 

  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Don't forget new lennar homes (or ANY NEW HOME) forces you to either puchase the solar outright or lease it. Purchasing it usually adds another $20K to purchase price. 

    $2500 I find is on the highside for a 3/2. But it also varies on how many sq footage the house is. Rent that I've seen going for $2500 are closer or at/over 2000 sq ft. I have seen many 3/2 rent for way under $2500 and more like low $2000s when sq footage is only 1500-1600 sq ft.  and many pretty new homes

    The valley is AG based. North Fresno/Clovis tend to have higher income earners and those making higher income are either in healthcare, education, gov. and most recently working remote moving from the bay area--but the latter probably purchased homes and arent renting--actually most of those in that industry I mentioned. So you have to find the sweet spot in rent to not be too high because those who can afford it just end up buying a home. But if you price too low, you probably are in the negative especially buying a BRAND NEW HOME in current real estate market in 2021 which has seen Fresno at all time high. Recent reports shows 10+% increase year over year from 2020 and ranked 26 out of 50 big cities in growth. 

  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 1 vote
    4y

    www.rentometer.com is a good resource for determining average, median, and percentile rent by address. Just put in the address (or something close) and it should tell relatively what it's worth as a rental.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.