Taylor Cu
  • Walnut Creek, CA
Votes |
First Property Update / Looking for a Real Estate Agent

Taylor Cu
  • Walnut Creek, CA
Posted Dec 30 2017, 17:52

Hello BiggerPockets Members!

I'm still very new to the real estate investing game. I've been taking the time to study and analyze properties for about 4 - 5 months. After gathering up the courage, I finally contacted an agent and got connected with a lender and got fully approved for a loan value up to $291k! Turns out that I still qualify for occupying a property since I'll be living at home with my parents not paying rent. I was super excited because I felt like I was actually taking action and am now looking around the Sacramento area. 

I was assigned a real estate agent through the sister company of the mortgage lending company. She was sending me properties around the Citrus Heights area and I actually went through my first property walkthrough and my numbers seemed somewhat right (coming from my 6 month general contracting background haha). I was so excited that I was close to making an offer but realized I needed to run the numbers again to make sure and it turns out it wasn't what I was looking for. My real estate agent is out of Dixon and has been doing it for 3 years. But I've just been getting mixed vibes and feel like she is just trying to make some money from me and didn't seem to know the neighborhood.  

As a disclaimer, I let her know my plan of what I wanted to do with the property. I remember reading in one of the books that it's great to find a real estate agent that owns investment properties and my current one does not. Do any of y'all in the Sacramento area have any recommendations for agents??

Loading replies...