• Fairmont, WV
Votes |
WV GC moving to Sacramento area

Richard Crosby
  • Contractor
  • Fairmont, WV
Posted Aug 20 2020, 08:34

Hello,

My name is Richard Crosby from Morgantown, WV home of the West Virginia University Mountaineers. I own Wildwood Property Management and have been a General Contractor for almost a decade at the age of 31.  My experience before I became a contractor was based in the D.C. / Frederick, MD area as a Historical Preservation Training Officer for The National Park Service.  While with NPS I worked on The White House doing stone repair and painting, Congressional Cemetery exhuming General Alexander Macomb (who became Commanding General of the US Army during the War of 1812) due to collapse of his tomb which we later rebuilt, and pretty much any battlefield in the area during my Summer internships.  

My longtime girlfriend and I are looking to move to the area for an unknown amount of time but at minimum one year.  Her family lives in the Auburn, Ca area and with aging loved ones we feel that it is important to spend some significant time with them.  I will continue to run my business from afar with my business partner running day to day activity.  My hopes are to meet with people from the area who are interested in restoration of properties.  I guess I forgot to mention that I was also the Project Manager for the East Coasts second largest insurance cleaning and restoration company (Panhandle Cleaning & Restoration) and my company specializes in commercial and residential restoration specifically.  My intentions are to search out distressed properties with either significant repairs that could show large returns or quick update for a fast return. 

Honestly, I have no idea of the areas or the comps, the additional code restrictions, or which subcontractors to use or which type of project.  Things that I am confident about is my ability to problem solve to resolve any issue that may arise during restoration and my willingness to commit to a project.  West Virginia may be the second poorest state in America but I used that as an opportunity to become resourceful and competitive by following a philosophy of "Doing it right, costs less than doing it over".

Loading replies...