Crawl Space Wetness / Slope from back lot

4 Replies | Sacramento, California

Hi All,

I have a rental that is raised foundation but has a lot of wetness under the crawl space. I believe this is due to the slope from the back lot, in combination with neighbors lot being about 2-3ft higher, and also front road being higher than the house.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a foundation expert / engineer in the greater Sacramento area that you've had good experiences with? I don't want someone just to come and say "it's wet, put in a pipe".

Thank you

Thanks for your input @Derek Jones

Foundation engineers many times provide solutions such as grading, similar to a land surveyor. Pipes and vapor barrier are helpful, but if the cause of the problem (in this case, if it is the slope or multiple slopes such as back lot and neighbors land being higher) is not remedied, the water will continue to keep flowing back.

I just had foundation work done at my Sacramento rental by Xalos Foundation Support. They can suggest solutions/estimates and they were a great company to work with. 

Thanks Cheri! I will check them out

Originally posted by @Cheri Jones :

I just had foundation work done at my Sacramento rental by Xalos Foundation Support. They can suggest solutions/estimates and they were a great company to work with.