Votes
Chris Nance
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Strategy for Newbie in Denver Market

Chris Nance
  • Kansas City, MO
Posted Feb 21 2017, 19:36

Hey  BP family. My name is Ben Piercy. I am new to the BP family. I have been listening to podcasts, attending webinars, taking vigorous notes on evernote, pretty much trying to be a BP sponge. I have a couple buddies that are in the same boat as me. Recent college graduates who don't want to work the traditional w2 9-5pm jobs. We want to put our work ethic to the test and control our destiny and as such our income. We are on the hunt in finding our first flip deal in the Kansas City market, so we are learning how to put together a business plan, what to look out for, and hopefully learning what makes a good flip. 

-Initial questions for those in the Denver area. Investing in another area, how can you judge a property is worthy of a flip if you cannot actually visit the property?

-What is some advice you would give you a first time investor looking to do a flip in another state? 

Right now I am absorbing as much information as I can via the BP family. In the meantime I have applied to graduate school down in Denver. I know that with my income (not very much) about to be going back on student loans in fall of 2017, that I cannot afford a traditional loan to buy my own place. I do have some cash saved up so if we find a lender or someone to work with us I'd love to meet and network with you. 

So this is why I am here. I am selling my services for any mentor who is in the Denver market. Ultimately I'd love to go in on a house hack while I am going back to school, putting my sweatquity into a place with someone. I have a pretty solid background of working with tools and machinery and a basic house hack would be right up my alley if I could find someone in the same boat to eventually work on a flip or even a rental property.

If not I'd love to even just spend sometime on the weekends working with anyone in the Denver area. Whether you need a ride to the airport or need someone to help lay landscape or rip out a toilet I'd love to shadow you, absorb all that I can, and help you with any projects along the way!

Anyhow I'm in Fort Collins right now and I plan to come down to the network even Thursday (WEATHER PENDING). I'd love to meet all of you in the Denver market and hear all about your adventure into the Real Estate game. 

Thanks guys . 

-Ben 

Loading replies...