Newbie investor looking to network in Denver.

17 Replies | Denver, Colorado

Good afternoon BP,

Jullian Keller here, 23 year old college student in the Denver Colorado district. I am a senior at Metro State University of Denver, and will soon be graduating with a degree in construction project management. 
I have recently been bitten with the real estate bug, after my older sister recommended me the BP podcast, and I have been hooked ever since. Following the advice of the BP podcasts, I am here looking to network with other Newbie investors and or seasoned investors. I am eager to learn from any and everyone, and would love to take you to lunch and talk real estate. 

Lastly, of course I expect none of this without first providing value to you, however I can. Again my name is Jullian, and I am ready to jump into real estate investing here in the mile high city!Thank you for your time. 

Hey Julian, welcome aboard, 

I'm envious that you are starting so young! I'm sure you will find a wealth of information and valuable connections to be had at BP, but don't lose sight of the importance of getting started as well! Can't learn how to ride a bike by watching YouTube videos ;) 

Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Welcome to BiggerPockets. Denver is a great market to be in, but also competitive as you probably know. 

I would be happy to connect and answer any questions you may have on the financing side of real estate transactions. 

@Michael Glist Yes sir one of the hottest markets in the country! But I am exploring all options including long distance investing as well. I will be contacting you soon if you don’t mind, I have a few questions I would love to ask. Thank you very much for your time. 

Welcome to the BP family!

This is where I got my start and am grateful to the Big Cheese...Josh Dorkin (and Brandon) for creating this community. I've learned so much from networking and people ahead of me in the journey. I'm happy to chat with you about your goals and see how I can help. Message me directly and we can swap info to get on a call.

@Jullian Keller Congrats! My Wife and I are Rookies too! She owns a business and I'm an Accountant, we are starting in Ohio, so going with the Long Distance Real Estate Investing. We would be open to chatting up another rookie investor if you want to connect? Good luck!

Originally posted by @Cliff Benner :

@Jullian Keller Congrats! My Wife and I are Rookies too! She owns a business and I'm an Accountant, we are starting in Ohio, so going with the Long Distance Real Estate Investing. We would be open to chatting up another rookie investor if you want to connect? Good luck!

What part of Ohio are you investing in, Cliff? 

Originally posted by @Cliff Benner :

@Jullian Keller That sounds fantastic to me!

@Remington Lyman I am hoping to start in Dayton and expand out in Ohio more, but I have seen some great opportunities there! How does your Sis-in-law like the area?

She is a college student, so all she does is drink and smoke weed at the university. I doubt she has actually explored the rest of Dayton at all. 

Welcome @Jullian Keller !! Glad to see you have a wealth of investors looking to network. I personally got my real estate bug through House Hacking. My wife and I absolutely love it! It is an excellent strategy you get your foot in the door in an expensive real estate market with low money down and an opportunity to take a stab at Landlording.

I personally have a mixed portfolio of out of state rentals (Nebraska) and house hacks/turned rentals in the Arvada/ Wheat Ridge area. Would love to connect to hear what some of your long term goals are with RE.

Also, big congrats on graduating college!!  I have got my degree in the construction industry as well.

Cheers