Looking for CPA that is an investor

8 Replies

Can anyone recommend a CPA in the Colorado Springs area that has experience in real estate? Ideally a CPA that holds property.

Thanks in advance!

Mikel

@Mikel Gabriell this comes up periodically. My advise is to search the forums (In the upper right hand corner of the page) and see how the question has been answered in the past. 

Hey Mikel, 

Mark A. Boyce CPA is a good choice in the area.  He's located in the middle of Colorado Springs not downtown.  Otherwise I'd recommend EBK.  

I use @Brandon Hall . He is not technically local because he has a mobile setup, but he is very knowledgeable and is an REInvestor himself

I would recommend talking to Susan Wilklow with Wilklow and Associates. She is local and good with real estate investments and who I personally use. Just tell I sent you.

@Mikel Gabriell if you are looking for someone local, I would try your local REIA.

That's where I found my CPA who is on the REIA board and an experienced RE investor.

I have a colleague out there if you'd like me to refer you to someone.

You definitely need someone qualified, does not have to be a CPA, could be an Enrolled Agent or an attorney. Just make sure they specialize in tax and have significant experience dealing with real estate investors.

Here is a great list of questions to ask a potential accountant: http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/70447-questions-to-ask-a-cpa

Also check out the www.NAEA.org page in your search. It should help you find someone local. If someone comes to me, I'll send them your way.

If you need help in your search or want to verify something don't hesitate to ask.

For example: I have clients worldwide and things are just as easy as I e-mail them, talking on the phone. I even use Skype and TeamViewer to communicate with clients so I'd highly recommend looking for one of the best with great references that interviews well with you.

So look for someone you can connect with that works out for your situation.

Feel free to ask here if you have questions

@ryansanders how has your experience with Brandon Hall been?  Thinking of using his company - any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here