Crime rate in Jacksonville, Fl

3 Replies | Jacksonville, Florida

hi my name is Anh and I am new to bigger pocket. I’m  trying to find my first property in Jacksonville . However the crime rate is so high so I wonder if there is Some part of the city that it better than the other with reasonable price? Thank

Originally posted by @Anh Vo:

hi my name is Anh and I am new to bigger pocket. I’m  trying to find my first property in Jacksonville . However the crime rate is so high so I wonder if there is Some part of the city that it better than the other with reasonable price? Thank

Jacksonville is like any American city, there are spots that are better than others.  Jax is unique in that there are a lot of areas that change from block top block.

I will PM you. 

Lesley will be a good resource since she has boots on the ground. Jacksonville is, by land mass, one of the largest cities in the US. In my zip code alone with in three miles of my property you have multi million dollar homes to high crime areas. Most of the city is much the same. You can use the resources from the sheriff’s department to pinpoint localized crime and steer away from certain areas. You should be able to find good values if you are patient.

Promotion
BiggerPockets
The one-stop-shop for REI
Find Local Home Improvement Pros!
Check out our network of trusted, local contractors for all of your home improvement projects.
Find a Contractor