Looking up good comps for a property.

5 Replies | Atlanta, Georgia

Hello Bigger Pockets. Just wanted to know if anybody has a good strategy on looking up comps for a potential fix and flip property. Do people prefer using zillow, trulia, or any other websites to look up good comps? 

Thanks

Originally posted by @Melvin Hazelton :

Hello Bigger Pockets. Just wanted to know if anybody has a good strategy on looking up comps for a potential fix and flip property. Do people prefer using zillow, trulia, or any other websites to look up good comps? 

Thanks

Hey, if you have a realtor he/she can help you pull the report because they expect you to give them a house to List once you are done rehabbing. 

Some might be genuinely nice enough to help you few times without any expectation. 

Although not as comprehensive as MLS, Redfin is the best to look at the Comps.

I recently tried the free trial of https://www.rentometer.com.  The local comps that it came up with were relevant.  I found nearby rental rates & addresses using rentometer, then looked up interior pictures and price history in Zillow. You'll find lots of opinions about rentometer on these forums. I wouldn't trust it blindly, but it's a useful data point.

I've only used my 10 free trial reports so far, but I'll just signed up for the annual subscription. It's on sale now for $100/year, which seem pretty nominal to me.

Zillow Zestimares, et al are horribly inaccurate. The most accurate is going to be what a buyer will be looking at provided by their agent. That being said, you can get an accurate idea by looking at solids in same neighborhood and adjacent with similar BR/BA's. Just don trust the online websites estimates. Best of luck!