Votes
Jack Thornton
  • Boise, ID
Votes |
TV Apartment investors?

Jack Thornton
  • Boise, ID
Posted Jan 24 2017, 17:30

Hi.  I have some cash that I am looking to use to get into multi-family investing.  After looking at my situation, and where I want to be in a few years, I am ready to take the plunge in one of two different ways.

Option 1: Join with an experienced investor as a junior partner in an apartment deal.  I would expect to not only invest my money, but also to take on some level of responsibility so I can learn the business.

Option 2: Find a smaller deal (6-16 units) and a property management company [individual] who is willing to tell me when (and why) my understanding is wrong; and is flexible enough to work with me as I get my systems in place to be able to grow as I get the experience.

For either one, I am interested in primarily B-class properties (not adverse to students either). If it is on my own, I am not ready for a major overhaul, but would be willing if as a junior partner. The plan is definitely BRRRR and not flip or short term stabilization. Boise is preferred, but anywhere in the Treasure Valley is potential.

Any connections would be appreciated as I know the shortest way to a deal is with good people.

Thanks. 

Loading replies...