SOUTHLANDERS

14 Replies

Looking for like minded real-estate investors from the Braidwood/Wilmington/Coal City area. I would like to setup some networking dinners to discuss our local market!   

Hey Adam,

That's a great idea.  I live in Joliet but grew up in Wilmington and would love the chance to interact with some local investors.

Kool . Let me know what u have in mind. I invest in Joliet

I was thinking some sort of meet up to talk about local deals, the market, contacts, contractors, accountants, etc.

I, also, am in Joliet and looking for others to network and learn.

I have my 2nd bedroom set up as a conference room. I could accommodate a "meet-up" of up to about eight people, max.

I'm in West Joliet just off Rt 59, north of Black Road. We could order in pizza or Portillo's is just across Rt 59.

David,

That would be great!  Sounds like we already have (4) people interested.  I also have a friend who works in shorewood (heartland bank) who would be interested in attending. when is a god time for you all?  I am free most week days after 4:30 PM and most weekends.  

I would be interested in meeting also. I think it would be great to share some ideas. We should do it next week. 

Bob, I am willing to meet up next week.  Is this okay with you David?

Hi Adam,

I grew up in Joliet and now invest in the area.  i come to town every other weekend and would enjoy meeting other investors. 

I'm available usually after 6pm.

I have a short week coming up - M, T and W only. Thursday evenings, I'm a volunteer for my investor group up in Downers Grove - standing commitment, Thursday evenings. Also, starting Friday after work, I'm unavailable for a week - personal business.

My investing group is having their annual picnic this Sunday in St Charles at Pottawatomie Park from noon to 5pm.  If you've searched me here on BP, you know that I'm a Renatus affiliate. Just look for the signs. Would be a good chance to meet you and you could meet the group in a social setting. We could have a chat then, if you're available Sunday afternoon. I'll be wearing jeans and baseball-type cap with sunglasses - note my profile picture and look for someone like that only about 10 years older.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be fully available until 1st week in Sept. I need to make the house a little more presentable, also. I'm partially disabled, so it's not easy for me.

Hello Joliet area Investors,

I just started a cash out refi loan application with First American Bank. They work with Freddie Mac and offer a 30 year fixed on investment properties. Quoted rate is 4.25%.  Fees are a little high. I have struggle to find 30 yr fixed after my 4th property so I consider this a big win. 

I'm always down to meet up. I work mon-thrus so I'd be available fri, sat, or sun for a meet up.

Speaking of contractors anyone have any leads on a quality drywall guy?

Is there some "in the middle" of where everyone is?

Wilmington, perhaps?

Can someone suggest a meeting place?

David J Dachtera

"Success is not a destination. Failure is not an event. Success is a process, failure is a choice."
- DJ Benedict

Originally posted by @David Dachtera :

Wilmington, perhaps?

David J Dachtera

"Success is not a destination. Failure is not an event. Success is a process, failure is a choice."
- DJ Benedict

Heros west, right off the i80 and houbolt, they have good food and service.

Originally posted by @Sam Lucio :
Originally posted by @David Dachtera:

Wilmington, perhaps?

David J Dachtera

- DJ Benedict

Heros west, right off the i80 and houbolt, they have good food and service.

Is it quiet enough to carry on a conversation? I have trouble hearing when there's a lot of background noise.

David J Dachtera

- DJ Benedict