• Real Estate Investor
  • Spartanburg, SC
Votes |
Looking For A Mentor

Dan Holden
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Spartanburg, SC
Posted Nov 27 2013, 20:30

I know this seems kinda cliché?d and I apologize for that.

I guess what I'm looking for is someone I can bounce ideas off of. Someone I can ask a ton of questions, most of which may seem pretty stupid to you. Someone I can in turn help out as well. I'm a bit of a computer nerd and an Excel junkie. Plus I spent about 4 years hunting down people for Rent-A-Center (I was the Repo guy) so I'm fairly decent at doing that. I'm also trying to find someone that doesn't want thousands of dollars upfront just to speak with me. I refuse to shell out money upfront and find out that we aren't a compatible match. I am MORE then willing to split any deals I do with their help. I'm looking at Flipping and Buy & Holds but I'm keeping an open mind to other options as well.

I do work a full time job. 3:30 pm to Midnight Monday through Friday, so that limits my afternoon time but I'm not afraid to get dirty.

I'd like someone local to me but I am not limited to that. I know how to use Skype and Google Hangouts. Plus we got this wonderful new invention called E-Mail. It's amazing. Have you tried it yet? (Sarcastic humor there)

I do expect to get a bunch of "How to Find a Mentor" links in response to this post, which I will gladly accept. I do love to read and I'm ready to absorb all the info I can get.

Again, cliché?d but I appreciate the help and any suggestions you guys/gals are willing to throw my way.

Loading replies...