• Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Why Propstream why, please explain?

Ron Hollingsworth
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted Jan 2 2023, 13:45

I am running different searches using all kinds of difference filters and no matter what, when I look through the list of properties that each search provides, after pulling up the addresses in MLS, every single property is either currently listed as Active, Pending, very recently closed escrow, or recently a cancelled listing. Cancelled listings were about 5%, the over 95% were Active, Pending, or just closed. I stopped at the #200. Is there a rep from Propstream that can explain this? If I'm not as savvy as I am, I might have run those numbers through SkipTrace and wasted a crap ton of money. Is that the point Propstream?

User Stats

Votes
Jon Thompson
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • East Aurora, NY
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • East Aurora, NY
Replied Jan 2 2023, 13:54

I cancelled propstream the first week I ordered it.  On just my few properties there were so many errors that I couldn't see the benefit in it.  

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 13 2023, 21:40
Quote from @Jon Thompson:

I cancelled propstream the first week I ordered it.  On just my few properties there were so many errors that I couldn't see the benefit in it.  

So who do you use in place of Prop Stream?

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Mike Hern
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Replied Apr 13 2023, 23:57
Quote from @Ron Hollingsworth:

I am running different searches using all kinds of difference filters and no matter what, when I look through the list of properties that each search provides, after pulling up the addresses in MLS, every single property is either currently listed as Active, Pending, very recently closed escrow, or recently a cancelled listing. Cancelled listings were about 5%, the over 95% were Active, Pending, or just closed. I stopped at the #200. Is there a rep from Propstream that can explain this? If I'm not as savvy as I am, I might have run those numbers through SkipTrace and wasted a crap ton of money. Is that the point Propstream?

Could be "operator error" or false expectations.

It takes time for a transaction to sign, then close, then be updated to Propstream. Maybe what you need is direct access to either the escrow companies or the county recorder's office. I don't think you'll get either one.

When I first started out, there was a company that listed "most" pending foreclosures. The delay was about 30 days from when it was recorded. That was it. The amount of data available to people today is embarrassingly substantive.

User Stats

Votes
Kohl Anderson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Apr 15 2023, 15:02

I experience somewhat of the same problem using prop stream for leads. Wish I could tell you why, just sharing my experience.