• Investor
  • Peachtree Corners, GA
Votes |
Flipping a house bought with Quit Claim deed

Cal C.
  • Investor
  • Peachtree Corners, GA
Posted May 21 2014, 06:07

I have a house in GA under contract and I won't be able to get a warranty deed on it, just a quit claim. The law firm I used to close my last purchase says their title insurance company will not insure the title on a property bought via quit claim.

However, a second attorney said the title insurance company he uses will insure a quit claimed property. He also stated that the next buyer will be able to obtain a warranty deed since I will have had title insurance.

OVERRIDING CONCERN is whether or not end next buyer after me will be able to obtain warranty deed and thus title insurance. Obviously one lawyer says that I can, but I'm looking for some verification or for that matter refutation. Its also obvious that houses bought through quit claim are mortgaged all of the time, but I'm unfamiliar with what exactly has to happen for that to happen. Last thing I want is to get a rehabbed house under contract and find out it may take months for the buyer to obtain a warranty deed due to the quit claim purchase.

Thanks!

Loading replies...