Newbie trying to get started in New Orleans

11 Replies

so today 06/3/14 I fished j Scott's book on flipping houses and I must say it is a great read. He really breaks everything swim as much as possible. If you haven't read it yet I suggest you do, especially if your new like me. Any who, back to the matter at hand. After finishing the book I am ready to get started in finding that awesome deal. I want to flip and buy and hold. My thing is FUNDING. I am currently thinking about doing the hard money loan being I feel that's my only option right now. Could any of you all help with this. And people or company's you know of that i an get A HML FROM? And also tell me as much as possible about them. I still do have a lot to learn bit I want to START! Can't keep worrying about the what ifs. Thanks for reading this long post :)

thank you! I'm very excited to be apart of the BP MOVEMENT. I know I will gain a lot of knowledge here. Taking it all in one lost at a time.

*post ..I'm writing from my iPhone :)

@Alesha Rayford Welcome to BP! There are so many networking opportunities here it should help your REI journey so much easier.

@Alesha Rayford congrats! You seem to be off to a good start.

I might offer one suggestion. Please don't set off into the wilderness alone. Flipping properties on your own after reading a book, despite how good it is, would be a risky way to go. Get a partner with the rehab experience and the funding you need.

Have you looked up the REIA's in your area yet? Take a look at New Orleans Real Estate Investors Association as a possible place to start. Network your guts out. Unless you're networking, you're not working. That's how you find the funding, the experience, the help and the deals you need to find.

And...of course...stay engaged on BiggerPockets.com. You can find anything in the forums. That podcasts are jam packed with information on every area of real estate investing provided by @Joshua Dorkin and @Brandon Turner with a different experienced investor each time. If you haven't yet read The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing, what are you waiting for? Read the book and you'll have answers for the first 80% of your questions.

I'll send you a colleague request in a minute. Maybe we could partner on something in the future. You'll learn a lot by doing, but it can be overwhelming. Best to work with someone who won't be overwhelmed. Let's chat.

@Tom Mole I really appreciate all the feedback and advice. Yes I am still learning , but I know in due time I will get where I want to be.

@Braden Smith I'm def feeling the love from you all. I'm glad I found a site that will help me grow in this real estate business. Thanks for your advice and warm welcoming. I sure will check it out

thank you @Joshua Dorkin I'm truly excited. I know I have a lot to still learn , but that's why I'm here. :)

@Alesha Rayford

Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 70 past ones to catch up on.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers. Ask those here for referrals to money lenders.

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

Download BP

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here