Houses flip profit

6 Replies

Does houses from homepath have any potential for a flip profit?

Anyone has tried buying from homepath and successfully flip for profit?

Thanks

In my area, Fannie Mae Homepath properties are typically listed at retail price. Fannie will most often do work to their own properties in hopes of selling them for more, which they usually do. Not to say there isn't potential with any of their listings, just make sure your numbers work.

Their houses are mostly quite expensive factoring repair cost and usually at retail level

Not much potential for flipping profit

Originally posted by Account Closed:

Does houses from homepath have any potential for a flip profit?

Anyone has tried buying from homepath and successfully flip for profit?

Thanks

It isn't a reliable route for getting discounted properties if flipping is the intent.

They are more for what purpose?

Many investor comment their condition are more ok compared to others 

Whats are your experiences in repairing them?

I would say it just depends on what area you are located in. I purchased a house off Homepath last month and paid $9,200 for it. Granted it needs a decent amount of work. My rehab budget is $15-$18 K and the ARV for this is in the mid 50's. I see other houses here though that they have overpriced but they just end up sitting on the market forever until they knock the price down.

I would say it just depends on what area you are located in. I purchased a house off Homepath last month and paid $9,200 for it. Granted it needs a decent amount of work. My rehab budget is $15-$18 K and the ARV for this is in the mid 50's. I see other houses here though that they have overpriced but they just end up sitting on the market forever until they knock the price down.

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide