Will reducing the size of guest bat have a negative effect in value?

Will reducing the size of guest bat have a negative effect in value?

Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2015 · 73 posts · 9 votes

I want to expand the master bathroom shower, but if I do I will be reducing the guest bathroom size. Is that a good idea or should I just keep it the same? Will it reduce some value, scare off potential buyers?

0Reply
15 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Emeryville, CA · Member since 2015 · 158 posts · 124 votes
    11y

    It depends on how the guest bathroom functionality is affected. Some houses have loads of excess space in bathrooms. That's a great candidate to shrink if you need to. Others don't, and wouldn't work.

    Basically, whatever approach maximizes the functional amount of space available is the one you should take.

  • Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2015 · 73 posts · 9 votes
    11y

    Good point. I need to double check on that. 

  • Foreclosure Specialist · Atlanta Georgia · Member since 2014 · 25 posts · 12 votes
    11y

    Depends on the price point and area for potential buyers.  If it is a younger family with small children, secondary bathroom size is not as imperative as a larger master bath shower.  (as long as you are not removing the tub).   If it is a small 34" insert fiberglass shower get rid of it!  

  • Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2015 · 73 posts · 9 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    Depends on the price point and area for potential buyers.  If it is a younger family with small children, secondary bathroom size is not as imperative as a larger master bath shower.  (as long as you are not removing the tub).   If it is a small 34" insert fiberglass shower get rid of it!  

     It is a small insert and I will get rid of it. It's hideous. 

    Thanks for the input guys. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.