Best kitchen cabinets in quality and price?

11 Replies

Hello all! 

Currently doing my first rehab on a property in San Antonio, TX that will end up being a rental. I'm looking for cabinets that don't look cheap and that will last me as long as possible, with out being so expensive. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on brands or sites that you've used that have worked for you? Or is home depot/Lowe's the best option? 

Thanks! 

I always go with HD cabinets with upgraded hardware. They're fine for rentals in my opinion and easy to install. I buy the pre-assembled cabinets. I prefer white. 

Hi @La'Raelle Muller, when I can, I like using all wood cabinets because of their better durability and resistance to water damage. However, they are can be a little more expensive, depending on where you purchase. In my area Surplus Warehouse has a decent selection of all wood cabinets that are pretty good quality, so that is where I usually go. I'm not sure if they're in your area, but here is a link to their website.

https://surplus-warehouse.com/

Also, we recently purchased some online for the first time from Lily Ann Cabinets, and were very happy with the quality of the finish and construction. These are RTA (ready to assemble) cabinets, however, so you will have to have them delivered to a location that a large truck can access, and put them together yourself (wall and base cabinets without drawers take about 10 minutes each, assembling drawers and installing them in the cabinet can take 30-45 min. per cabinet. ) Here is their website.

http://www.lilyanncabinets.com/

Good luck!

i like the contractor grade cabinets at home depot. i just bought 13 cabinets for a flip  am doing and spent only $1300 total. they are good quality and not a bad price. i prefer the glenwood cabinets

Consumer reviews have scared me off Home Depot cabinets, but I've been delighted with IKEA so far.

Typically 3 options: Home Depot, Ikea and Chinese cabinets.  

In the west coast, there are a lot of cabinet stores that carry cabinets from China.  

Not sure if they are prevalent across the country.  

Also, not all states have Ikea stores.

I also like the Lilly Ann Cabinets.  Nice quality for the price.  All wood at press board pricing.

Thanks Mark! Definitely the price range I'm looking for. 

Originally posted by @Mark Elliott :

i like the contractor grade cabinets at home depot. i just bought 13 cabinets for a flip  am doing and spent only $1300 total. they are good quality and not a bad price. i prefer the glenwood cabinets

Thanks for your reply Pamela. Is lilly Ann cabinets a site that I can order from a local store?

Originally posted by @Pamela McClelland :

I also like the Lilly Ann Cabinets.  Nice quality for the price.  All wood at press board pricing.

This post has been removed.

home Depot has low quality cabinets. Spend a little, not a lot, more on solid wood cabinets for better durability. I buy rta's for my rentals from a local salvage/wholesaler. They assemble them in their store. I've had them for 5yrs in 2 of my units and not had one issue out of them. I probably spend $300-400 more but it's worth it, replacing a damaged sink base due to water damage down the road will be much more expensive. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.