Setting Up LLC.

7 Replies

Need to set up an LLC for Buying and Selling Activity. What are the best states to set up this entity with regards to taxes and anonymity? Thank you.

Originally posted by @J Scott:

Set it up in whatever state you'll be doing business.

This is a winning answer. If you're not going to be doing business in a number of states, safe yourself a lot of hassle and just form the LLC where you are doing business.

Wyoming and Delaware provide alot of anonymity.  Those two states don't require member information and if you use a third party registered agent, then your name will not show up on the articles.  

Hope this helps.

Yooch

Thank you all for your advice.  Much appreciated.

@Donald M. , I live in Wyoming and create LLCs for people here and my advice is set up your LLC in the state you will be doing business in. If @J Scott tells you something twice I would listen.  He doesn't do that much.  Of course he will ague enough to make this a 10 page thread if you really push him hehe. 

Originally posted by @Jerry W. :

@Donald M. , I live in Wyoming and create LLCs for people here and my advice is set up your LLC in the state you will be doing business in. If @J Scott tells you something twice I would listen.  He doesn't do that much.  Of course he will ague enough to make this a 10 page thread if you really push him hehe. 

Whoops...didn't mean to post it twice!  But, if Jerry W. agrees with me, I'm probably right!!!

:-)