Yard Banner During Construction

Yard Banner During Construction

Realtor · Lafayette, LA · Member since 2011 · 296 posts · 175 votes

I'm interested in creating a banner to put in the yard during construction to let people know about my company and what we do. Something along the lines of, "Another successful renovation by ...." I know someone mentioned doing it on a podcast but can't remember which one. 

Has anyone done a banner or remember which podcast?

0Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Dev HornPro Member
Flipper/Rehabber · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
11y

Just do it as an 18" x 24" sign - even on coroplast - and then you can use the standard Realtor's sign frame, plus add riders such as "coming soon", "for sale" or "for rent".

I do this as soon as the Seller signs my contract:

See this reply in the discussion

17 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2008 · 978 posts · 985 votes
    11y

    Yard signs are great advertising. We have a very good looking one - cedar post, big size, the whole 9 yards. It really helps class things up.

  • Engineer, Investor, Entrepreneur · Newtown, CT · Member since 2014 · 111 posts · 37 votes
    11y

    I can't remember which podcast it was, but you will definitely want to check with your local zoning regulations. Even though it will be a temporary banner, I'm sure you'll get at least one neighbor to complain and it would be beneficial at that point to be playing by the zoning rules.

  • Dev HornPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    Just do it as an 18" x 24" sign - even on coroplast - and then you can use the standard Realtor's sign frame, plus add riders such as "coming soon", "for sale" or "for rent".

    I do this as soon as the Seller signs my contract:

  • Realtor · Lafayette, LA · Member since 2011 · 296 posts · 175 votes
    11y

    @Rob Brautigam

     Appreciate the heads up! It is election time down here so signs everywhere! Hoping it goes unnoticed! Also, the house I bought was occupied by known drug dealers and all the surrounding houses are nice so the neighbors love me right now.

  • Realtor · Lafayette, LA · Member since 2011 · 296 posts · 175 votes
    11y

    @Dev Horn

    That looks pretty good but I want to make a splash with the large banner sign and was hoping someone could remember which podcast the guy talked about it. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · York, UK · Member since 2013 · 895 posts · 453 votes
    11y

    Great question, it's definitely a marketing opportunity not to be missed and @Dev Horn yours are pretty classy. I'm doing a unique renovation on a major traffic corridor and I'm kicking myself for not having a sign up yet.  Since it's unique and we want to grab attention I'm having some local graffiti artists do the sign and the rest of the wall. I'll post pics when it's done!

  • Engineer, Investor, Entrepreneur · Newtown, CT · Member since 2014 · 111 posts · 37 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Stephen Hundley:

    @Rob Brautigam

     Appreciate the heads up! It is election time down here so signs everywhere! Hoping it goes unnoticed! Also, the house I bought was occupied by known drug dealers and all the surrounding houses are nice so the neighbors love me right now.

     Haha nice...when you said banner, I imagined like a 4 ft plus banner rather than a election-sized bandit sign. The size is typically what's regulated by zoning.

    I tried searching for the podcast and couldn't find it with BP/Google keyword search...hopefully someone has a better memory!

  • Arlington, TX · Member since 2015 · 36 posts · 18 votes
    11y
    I'm pretty sure @J Scott does something like that. I may have just read it in his book. Might check those episodes.
  • Dev HornPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    I've seen investors put a banner across the front of the house.  Otherwise, you could just drive a couple of posts (wood or steel) into the yard and hang the banner across it.

    But, if you're really hoping to make an impression, you should go with a:

    WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM-FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!!

  • Realtor · Lafayette, LA · Member since 2011 · 296 posts · 175 votes
    11y

    hahaha. 

    Slap the company logo on there and we are good to go!

  • Realtor · Lafayette, LA · Member since 2011 · 296 posts · 175 votes
    11y

    @J Scott thank you! That's what I was looking for!

  • Temecula, CA · Member since 2015 · 67 posts · 12 votes
    11y

    It was Erik Stark show93

  • Realtor · Lafayette, LA · Member since 2011 · 296 posts · 175 votes
    11y

    @Joshua Swanger thank you so much!!!

  • Realtor · Lafayette, LA · Member since 2011 · 296 posts · 175 votes
    11y

    Why was @J Scott's post removed?  I wanted to use a sign similar to his

  • Linda WeygantPro Member
    Investor and CPA · Arvada, CO · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Dev Horn:

    I've seen investors put a banner across the front of the house.  Otherwise, you could just drive a couple of posts (wood or steel) into the yard and hang the banner across it.

    But, if you're really hoping to make an impression, you should go with a:

    WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM-FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!!

     I don't know what it is about these things, but they really give me the creeps.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.