Yard Banner During Construction

17 Replies

I'm interested in creating a banner to put in the yard during construction to let people know about my company and what we do. Something along the lines of, "Another successful renovation by ...." I know someone mentioned doing it on a podcast but can't remember which one. 

Has anyone done a banner or remember which podcast?

I can't remember which podcast it was, but you will definitely want to check with your local zoning regulations. Even though it will be a temporary banner, I'm sure you'll get at least one neighbor to complain and it would be beneficial at that point to be playing by the zoning rules.

Just do it as an 18" x 24" sign - even on coroplast - and then you can use the standard Realtor's sign frame, plus add riders such as "coming soon", "for sale" or "for rent".

I do this as soon as the Seller signs my contract:

Great question, it's definitely a marketing opportunity not to be missed and @Dev Horn yours are pretty classy. I'm doing a unique renovation on a major traffic corridor and I'm kicking myself for not having a sign up yet.  Since it's unique and we want to grab attention I'm having some local graffiti artists do the sign and the rest of the wall. I'll post pics when it's done!

Originally posted by @Stephen Hundley :

@Rob Brautigam

Appreciate the heads up! It is election time down here so signs everywhere! Hoping it goes unnoticed! Also, the house I bought was occupied by known drug dealers and all the surrounding houses are nice so the neighbors love me right now.

Haha nice...when you said banner, I imagined like a 4 ft plus banner rather than a election-sized bandit sign. The size is typically what's regulated by zoning.

I tried searching for the podcast and couldn't find it with BP/Google keyword search...hopefully someone has a better memory!

I've seen investors put a banner across the front of the house.  Otherwise, you could just drive a couple of posts (wood or steel) into the yard and hang the banner across it.

But, if you're really hoping to make an impression, you should go with a:

WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM-FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!!

Originally posted by @Dev Horn :

I've seen investors put a banner across the front of the house.  Otherwise, you could just drive a couple of posts (wood or steel) into the yard and hang the banner across it.

But, if you're really hoping to make an impression, you should go with a:

WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM-FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!!

I don't know what it is about these things, but they really give me the creeps.