• Chicago, IL
Votes |
Need pro help remodelling

Ganzorig Sharav
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Apr 2 2016, 15:06

Hi BiggerPockets Community

I`m Newby in real estate business. Just purchased my first home and rental units in Chicago NW area Avondale neighborhood close to Logan Square area. Building has 3 units I`m gonna be live in the 2nd floor and attic. Rent out the Garden Unit and 1st floor each has 3 beds and 1 bath. I`m started my renovation and demolishing. Next is to start doing hvac, plumbing and electric. Because its an 100 years old building I`m assuming its gonna need a lots of plumbing issue and I do not know if I should replace all the pipes or just where its needs it. Already have an issue in the basement kitchen pipe was froze and broken. I just don`t want to spend much my reno budged on plumbing and I do not want issue in the future either. I`d like to know if I should do high end finishes like stainless steel and garnet tops. Will that give me more bang for my buck? Please recommend me what should I do? How much I should spend on electric, plumbing and hvac etc? I would appreciate all of your suggestions and recommendation. Thank you!  

Loading replies...