• Rental Property Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Design ideas for townhouse needed.

Kate J.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Austin, TX
Posted Sep 16 2016, 12:35

I need ideas on flooring of townhouse. Input is 2 floors house, the first floor has cement floor, the second is covered with plywood. The previous owner had carpet on it, but they removed it and I've been left with plywood only. In between there is a beautiful unstained oak stairway (previosly covered with carpet as well). The kitchen is on the first floor, has to be completely remodeled as well. Since the stairway is dark wood, I am thinking to put dark hardwood on the lower level. My options:

1. Dark click hardwood on the first floor, carpet of the second, refinish stairway to match the dark hardwood.

2. Dark click hardwood on the first floor, carpet of the second and carpet of the stairway.

3. Dark click hardwood on the first floor, carpet of the second, refinish stairway to match the dark hardwood.

4. Dark click hardwood on the first floor and the second floor.

5. Dark click engineered hardwood on the first floor and the second floor or carpet on the second floor.

I plan to resell, and this is a prime location, so I need to have a "luxury impression". Engineered hw is easier to install and it is cheaper, but would the buyer ask about it or can we put it as "hardwood floor" to the MLS ad?

Loading replies...